Saturday, May 2, 2009

Look Through Dina's Window

Look Through My Window
(And the rain beats on my roof)
(And it does not ask for proof)

It's not that lovers are unkind

She always said there'd come a time

When one would leave and one stay behind

We both knew people sometimes change

And lovers sometimes rearrange

And nothing's quite as sure as change

And the rain beats on my roof

Look through my window (yeah)

To the street below

See the people hurryin' by

With someone to meet, someplace to go

And I know I should let go

She always said 'I'm not like you

When love is dead for me it's through

And I will find and love someone new
(and I will love somebody new)

Look through my window (yeah)

To the street below

See the people hurryin' by

With someone to meet, someplace to go

And I know I should let go

I must admit she knew her mind

And it will not take her long to find

Another place where the sun will shine

(another place, another place where the sun will shine)

(And the rain beats on my roof)

(If I still require proof)

(Well the rain beats on my roof) She's gone

(If I still require proof) She's gone

(Well the rain beats on my roof)

Look through my window

(If I still require proof)

All the people

(Well the rain beats on my roof) I love her

(If I still require proof) She's gone


Boy, if this song didn't strick me

It could be song track to the swan bird song of my relationship!

I can quote so many instances in the song where they directly apply

Just the title, "Look Through My Window", is frighteningly scary

When I look into Dina's eyes

I am looking through her window

I always said her eyes where one of her greatest attributes,

When you could get her to let you see them

They were very mischevious

I didn't know there could be a lot more

Well, I played drums at a bar today with some friends

Afterwards, I met a young lady and asked her to have a coffee with me

She said she would have a tea or a smoothie

We sat and talked for over two hours

It was pleasant to be with a woman who acted like she enjoyed being with me

Dina seems to be wrapped deeply in her own self these days

Dinaland has two hundred foot walls, nobody can scale those walls

Because the song was so symbolic of our relationship, I have become further convinced

I need to let go (it is written in the song four times) Isn't that enough?

Dina says, 'I ask for a break and you just push harder'

I will not even attempt to unravel the dual logic that statement is comprised of

Dina does not need to treat me like an unwanted lover

She has cut me off from seeing her or doing anything with her

Except email.

She said yesterday

'I like to write to you.

It really helps to honor feelings.

I am happy to write as feel that this helps us both.'

This doesn't help us both,

It helps Dina

She can control everything around her

To serve her purposes

That is not wrong

It is controlling

And I don't understand the purpose

Nor has she helped me understand

She just demanded things be this way

So, here I am

I am being sucked through a straw

The analytical control she is enacting is excruciating

I don't understand why

If you love someone

As she says she does me

Then why are you not willing to talk to them

Even in some pre-set up scenario

Where she still gets everything she wants

But I don't get treated like foul fish wrap

Somebody just slid under the door

There is nothing to say

The song says it all


Look through my window (yeah)

To the street below

See the people hurryin' by

With someone to meet, someplace to go

And I know I should let go

She always said 'I'm not like you

When love is dead for me it's through

And I will find and love someone new


Even if someone new is Dina being Alone

Without Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment