Friday, May 8, 2009

How I Need To Act In This Time Of Personal Crisis

I sent this to Dina today:

I am following what Al-Anon dictates for people associated with alcoholics.

I follow the first Step:

"We admitted we were powerless over alcohol, that our lives had become unmanageable"

and:

"Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore our sanity"

I am going to my fifth Al-Anon meeting in half an hour. I am doing this for me.

Because I have to.

Insanity is not an option.

Crowding your life with my desires is not an option.

I will get this.

Nothing else I am thinking or doing is working to resolve the problems that have come up with you and I.

I may never win you back,

And you may never come back,

but I have got to do this for me (How am I doing, Boss?).

Because I have nothing else.

I have lost my relationship with the woman I love.

I have nothing left to lose.

I will get this.

I will learn what I need to learn to take care of myself,

and maybe,

that will take care of everyone else associated with me.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment