Tuesday, April 28, 2009
The Woman I Love
When I met her, I knew this was going to be something special. Our first date lasted 13 hours. I wanted to see her again and again. Within a few weeks, the tightness in my chest grew as the love grew, sometimes making it hard to breathe. It didn't matter where we were, as long as we were together. We didn't argue, just loved each deeply. I thought this was a love that would never end. I thought it would grow to the heavens and beyond. There was no limit. The times we spent together were so precious to me. To listen to her fine mind spin thoughts that amazed and made me feel wondrous. I had never met a woman like this in my life and I wanted to spend the rest of my days with her in loving bliss. She made an ordinary day seem special and a special day seem like no other. There appeared to be nothing she couldn't take on and handle while making it look easy. A dinner in a few minutes. A jumble sorted in no time, like it was always orderly. It seemed like confusion moved away from her as she strode valiantly into the disarray of ordinary life. I admired so much about her. There was very little that wasn't of the highest interest to me. The way she bounced around when she was excited. The joy and happiness she could bring to the gloomiest day. A special woman indeed. Like none I had, or ever will, meet in my life. It was a real honor to know and love this woman. She had so many fine qualities, there were too many to list. She was a gift to anyone who encountered her. Like a fine jewel among ordinary stones and bits of glass, she sparkled with the radiance of her life. Any man would be priviledged to know her and be with her. I certainly was. A love once new has now grown cold.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment